2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 pinch of Salt
zest of 1 lemon or orange
caster sugar for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 15cm cake tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs and add gradually to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, and fold into the creamed mixture. Mix in the lemon rind.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Top with caster sugar and bake for about an hour or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.